Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Painting Progress, New Lead and Other Things

Painting Progress I have not been able to do much work on the painting front thus far. I managed to get the bases half done on the Soviets on my painting table. They still require a dry brush and some flock but are closer to being done.


This is the set of casualty figures that are done. The top 3 circular ones are older figures that I had done more than a year ago. The others are the current batch.


I am very sorry about the picture quality. This is a wagon for the Soviet baggage train. The horses are nice but the wagon it terrible stuff. Still, it won't be on the table much.

Found Lead! Then I made an amazing discovery in my cabinet. A bunch of painted Soviets! These fellows will help me finish out what I have and I only need to re-base them. I was so very happy to find them. They were in an unlabeled drawer on the opposite side of the cabinet from the rest of the Soviets. With this find, I should be done with them by my birthday.

New Lead I just picked up some 28mm British Colonial troops. Just a small batch from Blank Tree Miniatures. These are really nice. No, I am not switching scales. Really. I am not. This is just a test. That is all. There are only 4 figures anyway. Just a test. They sure are nice though.

8 comments:

  1. Just a test, I am sure every gamer has used that old chestnut before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have used it before. But I mean it this time. I promise.

      Delete
  2. once you go 28 you will never be the same again
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the investment in 15mm that I already have, that would take me winning the lottery to switch.

      Delete
  3. Its great when you find something that you'd forgotten you had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finding "lost" figures is always fun. Finding painted and based lost figures is a Eureka! moment in the Roundwood household!! Well done, Chris. Can I interest you in a pack of labels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! They have been moved to the correct and already labeled drawer at this time.

      Delete