Saturday, September 21, 2013

American Civil War Scenario Availible - Scenario Shareware?

I was going through my old projects and stumbled upon some half finished scenarios that did not make it into The Coming Thunder. One of them was a scenario that I actually had 90% finished. It only lacked a finished map. I did not include it because it fell outside of Longstreet's operational area which is what I had restricted the scenario book too.

I spent some time trying to figure out what to do with this scenario and decided to try something. I am a big fan of shareware software. I tend to support the products that I like and keep. I was wondering if this would work for scenarios. So here is my thought. I would post a share link for the scenario. Down load it. Read it. Play it. Comment on it. If you like it, shoot me $0.50 or whatever you feel it is worth via PayPal to cstoesen@corecard.com. There is also a button for this on the right side of the blog somewhere. If you think it stinks, just delete it. What do you think?

Here is the scenario. It is for Pohick Church - August 18, 1861. Pohick Church was the home church of George Washington. It became the site of several small skirmishes throughout the war. Unfortunately, the church was vandalized and ill used while under Union occupation during the war. The scenario is a cavalry action the will require close to 40 cavalry troops for each side. .

Please let me know if you think this is something worthwhile to try out and what you think of the scenario. Thanks.

Edit 9/25/2013 - I noticed a typo in the scenario. Please take the updated version.

Edit 10/3/2013 - I have taken the scenario down. It seems that the shareware concept was a flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment