Monday, August 31, 2026

Building out some Tanks and AFVs and Finally painting

I managed to get some work done on the Merkava 1 that I am working on. I managed to get the barrel fitted. I still have to glue the bustle to the turret and the MGs to the turret. I need to finish the other Team Yankee T-72s that I have. I need to fit the mine rakes to the front of at least one of them. I found some spray paint that I will use as a primer. I managed to get my miniatures primed. They will need a second coat.

On Saturday afternoon, I reecived my paint sets. I received two AK sets, one was for MERDC and the other was late Cold War Soviet. The first up on the painting table was some of what I think are Old Glory or QRF T-55s? I am not entirely sure. They are smaller than the other T-55s that I have including the wrecked Peter Pig one that I got for Christmas years back. They still look like T-55s to me just undersized. Anyway, I was able to get some paint on them. I plan on going back with some highlights.

I also got started on the bases of the painted Soviet infantry that I have done. These are all Flank March 3d prints. The bases need more work. Mostly just some highlights and flock.

I aslo took a look at my 1980s IDF. Partially, I wanted to know how many M60s I had that I might steal for my US forces. As it turns out, I have one. I have a pair of 3D printed Magach 6s that I may have pulled from Thingiverse a while back. Those will stay with the IDF. The lone M60A3 will likely be pulled for service with the US. I have my base forces for the IDF but these are all extras that I want to finish off. Especially the armor. Not shown here is the Merkava 1 I am still assembling. I just have the machine guns and another piece to glue on before undercoating.

No comments:

Post a Comment