Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Project Review

I am looking at the projects that I want to work on for the rest of the year. Second Kharkov is nearly complete. A few more pictures and it can be unleashed on the world.

I have a couple of ideas that I am working on.

Greene's Campaign

This is a Sharp Practice campaign covering from the Battle of Cowpens to the Battle for Guilford Courthouse. It would wrap up my campaign in the South series. There are plenty of small skirmishes to work with and I have some ideas on handling the larger battles as well. I have started the research on this one but not mapped the scenarios out yet. I am thinking it will be around 12 to 15 scenarios.

The Peninsula Campaign.

This one will be a Sharp Practice campaign that takes place in 1861 and lasts through mid 1862. It focuses on Magruder's Brigade/Division and the slow build up of Union forces on the Peninsula leading up and through MacClellan's campaign there in April of 1862. I plan on having a couple Dawns and Departures type of campaigns as well as individual scenarios for the book.

What is capturing my imagination with this is the possibility of a naval campaign to go along with it. I don't have any rules for ACW naval actions. I am shopping for rules now in hopes to figure out what I want to do. The naval forces in 1861 seemed to be a pretty shabby lot and could be great fun to play. Next is a question of scale and the like. But that is for later.

Third Battle of Kharkov

This is one I will do at some point. It will be back in urban terrain again and require some heavy terrain work. I have a bunch of unbuilt stuff so far that I need to complete. The idea would be to have terrain in 3 states. Largely Undamaged, Shaky and Destroyed. The reason for this is the Stuka rules in the May 1940 supplement. But the idea is sound for general urban combat. If you start out with a mostly whole structure, then start shooting at it with infantry guns or the like, the building is in danger of collapse. Then after it does collapse you are left with ruins. I want to model this in a campaign. The ruins don't seem that bad and the whole building is doable. It is the building in unstable condition that I am working through how to pull off. This has not left the drawing board yet.

More Scenarios for To Covet Glory

I want to do some more scenarios featuring smaller craft. I have two books on my shelves Roosevelt's Naval history of the War of 1812 and a book on Edward Preble. I think they would be great sources. I also have several books on the Quasi-War with France and the Tripoli War. I think those would be great source material.

Seven Years War Project

This is a project that has been on the back burner. I bought my Freikorps Von Mayer troops already. I know what I want for my Austrians. I also plan on an Ottoman force too. I have some of the history mapped out and want to do this but am not sure when.

Roman Dux

This is a project that I have dabbled with on and off for years now. It will will feature Romans and Germans. I have no German Miniatures but bought a bunch of Britons and Gauls a while back that would be good standins. I have to figure out basing still and paint the Romans I have.

That is good enough for now. Would like to hear if any of these interests you.

No comments:

Post a Comment