Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Painting Time

I have been getting busy on my Russian Front Terrain. I have two buildings primed now and waiting for the Gesso to dry. The buildings are from Red Vectors. I have three houses and two sheds on the table right now. As I am working on these, I liked them enough to order the ruined versions. With the new changes in Chain of Command in the France 1940 supplement, I will be able to replace the complete buildings with the right destroyed ones. What I haven't figured out is how to model burned out thatched roofs.

If I get these finished this week, I plan on moving over to the Things from the Basement Russian buildings. Their website is phenomenal as it has plenty of tips and tricks to get the buildings done right. One thing I have noticed, is that he has more items in 20mm and 28mm than in 15mm. I am casting a covetous eye on his chicken coop. The website doesn't show it in 15mm but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Who knows, he might make it.

I have also started surfing Warbases again and found out that they do roof tiles in 15mm. Definitely ordering that if I can.

Lastly, I am very sad to see that the Star Fort Miniatures site is down. I have two buildings from them that are fantastic. A Russian Water Mill and a southern European building. I wish someone else had picked up the range but I haven't been able to find anything, yet. Does anyone know if they are still availible?

Also, it looks like Foundations of War has closed as well. I bought a fantastic warehouse from them a few years ago and have been meaning to shop them again. Very unfortunate. Need to look at ebay, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment