Friday, February 28, 2014

Updates to In the Name of Roma

I just finished my conversion of In the Name of Roma to Kindle format. In doing so, I have found a number of small formatting issues and small spelling errors in the book that have frustrated me. I am going back through and fixing these and will be updating the PDF version to match the changes that have gone into the Kindle version.

If you are curious about the kindle version of In the Name of Roma, please check it out on Amazon.


  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. Since the book was very table heavy, it was a big pain to convert to Kindle format as they have very poor support for tables. If your table is too wide (which all of mine were), you lost columns. The only way I could work around it was to turn them into graphics. Then it worked rather nicely. It will be interesting to see if this was worth the effort.

  2. Glad to see you have moved toward the Kindle. We may have to try and get Rich there as well. Will the purchasers of the original version of Roma be able to get the update PDF. :)

    1. Absolutely. The key is making all of the changes and getting them back together in the PDF. I will be trying to mass mail all of the purchasers once it is ready and sending them out on an as requested basis.