Friday, October 4, 2013

Preparations

Its the little things that can take a game from good to great. On November 2nd, 2013, we are having the Terry Haney memorial games day here in Atlanta. Several of us will be putting on games that Terry liked to play. He was a fan of the TooFatLardies rules and bought just about anything and everything that Rich produced. My contribution will be running a scenario of Chain of Command.

As I have been mentally putting together my to do list for the game. One item that I realized that I was missing was jump off points. I decided to attempt to make some signposts to use for it. I was thinking of using some that had things like "caution" on them in Italian or Russian. I might try to knock some up over the weekend.

The terrain is largely set. I have the village and fences and most important, the well. I still have Mark's snowy ground cloth (sorry Mark) as well. Beyond the Jump Off points, I need to make up some patrol markers but these should be straight forward and simple.

I have all of the infantry I could want plus some supports to choose from. Should be a good game.

Welcome
Please extend a warm welcome to Michael Awdry who runs the excellent blog 28mm Victorian Warfare. Its a great blog that I have been following for a while now. Welcome aboard.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, not sure if you contacted me regards the give away but you won both DVD's, can you send me an e-mail with your address

    Thanks
    Ian

    ReplyDelete