Monday, July 20, 2026

Weekend Painting - Cold War Soviets

I was able to break out my Cold War minis and get some work done. I had some Khurasan Miniatures Soviets on painting stick that had been primed. I pulled out a copy of Team Yankee and used the colors listed in the book. I used a slightly wattered down Soft Tone Army Painter wash on them. I suspect that I should not have watered it down. I will look again later and may redo it.

It is sixteen miniatures that include: an officer, an NCO, two ammo bearers, 3 men carrying additional rockets for RPGs, 3 guys carrying RPGs, 3 LMG gunners, a sniper and two rifle-grenadiers. All useful figures for additional supports for a base platoon.

I also started work on a BMP2 that I built but never painted and did some repair work on some T-55s that had paint chipped off of the barrels. I am hoping that these will come out OK. I am also not sure how well these will match with the existing paint job but hopefully it will be close.

I am waiting on some 3d Prints of some BRDMs and miniatures including engineers, medics, RPG-18s and Recoiless Rifle teams. They should be fun to run on the table.

I pulled out some US Infantry that needs to be finished. I found the painting guide I originally used as well. I want to get this on the table pretty soon. A priority will be to finish the M113 that is not in MERDEC camo and the additional infantry.

I picked up some M114s off of eBay not realizing that these were not is use by the 1980s. They are nice little models and I may try to figure out how to use them.

I also found my British Infantry! Unfortunately, I had some wishful thinking and thought they were all painted. They are QRF models. I think i have a full platoon. I am contemplating reaching out to GAJO Models and buyig painted Team Yankee models instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment