Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Twas Just a Bit Before Christmas....

...and I was running late from work.
I arrived at home picked up the post with a jerk.
And what to my wondering eyes did appear,
but a small package from England with "Toys" written there.
I hurried inside and opened it with a snick
and my Santa Clause prize tumbled out quick.

There in my hands lay a gem of a prize
a destroyed little tank with its crew - OH MY!


A Hand painted treat that shone on the couch
gave cheer of the Season. For Christmas did start!

OK. Very sorry for the crummy rhyme attempt. I received my Santa Clause gift today. Amazing service from the Post office on both sides of the pond. Send on the 2nd and arrived on the 9th. That was great. The miniature is a T-55. This will be a welcome addition to my Syrian troops for my Lebanon '82 forces.

The miniature is great. I think it is a Peter Pig casting. The package arrived unsigned. I think I know whose work it is but I don't want to assume.

Thank you Secret Santa for a GREAT Present!

9 comments:

  1. That's great news and a lovely surprise, stunning model from a very gifted person whoever it may be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. opening before the big day what will your Mum say :)
    Looks very nice
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't tell her if you won't. I am way too impatient for that.

      Delete
  3. A very nice gift indeed, but as has been remarked:shame on you for opening before the big day. My gift is waiting on a shelf for the Big Day. Self control, I has it. Or rather, my girlfriend would mock me without mercy well into 2014 if I cheated. The result is the same, I keep from opening the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice present. Don't worry about opening it early.

    ReplyDelete