Monday, February 24, 2014

Saturday Painting Table... kinda

The painting table was woefully neglected this week. No pictures of it at all. I have started on the longship. I have an initial coat of paint on it but the details are remaining.

What I am excited about is the first of my Zulus.

On a small FOW base I have 3 10mm Zulus. I will vary the bases to have between 2 to 4 figures per base depending on the regiment. Rifle armed Zulus will be 2 to a base. The bulk infantry will be 3 or 4. It should be interesting. I have 3 bases of unmarried troops to finish off. I have some more married troops to finish painting too.

The leaders will all be based on individual round bases. The chief will be on a larger base than the lower level leaders.

Update: Just forgot, I also put together a plastic Zveda Ba-10 armored car.

6 comments:

  1. These look good Chris. What rules are you going to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point, I plan on using Terrible Sharp Sword plus some mods that I have seen floating around on other folks blogs for this. I think it would make for a good fit. I have way too much to paint up still before I have enough. I think most of the bases will be 4 to a base going forward just to give a better massed look.

      Delete
  2. Interesting project, and they look really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. For being little guys they were actually fun to paint.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. This is a slowly evolving project.

      Delete