Thursday, January 12, 2023

Travel and Battlefield tour

I am going on a trip to Nashville soon. My wife agreed to a battlefield tour of the battle of Franklin (1864). While the battle is really larger than what I can do in Sharp Practice I am particularly interested in the fighting around Carter's Farm. The fighting around the farm house and the cotton gin were particularly fierce. I am wondering if it would be possible to play a game concentrated on that feature.

The battle was a disaster for Hood's forces as they took terrible losses that they could not replace. A large number of senior officers died in the action including general officers. This is a battlefield that has undergone considerable conservation in recent years (since 2000). Given its location, it is amazing that the whole sight is not under the pavement of a mini-mall and subdivision.

No comments:

Post a Comment