Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Kiss Me Hardy/To Covet Glory Items

I just received in my new turn templates from Stephen from the Kiss Me Hardy facebook group. These look great. Much better than the pictures I took. My original turn templates and wind direction tools were printed paper glued to card stock. They worked but didn't look good.

Stephen's new clear ones look great.

The picture, however, caught a bunch of glare from my flash.

I have been going through my ships and looking with dismay at how many I have left to paint. I have two galleys and five galliots that are untouched. I have most of the other vessels. The War of Jenkin's Ear book has seven scenarios for To Covet Glory. Several involve coastal forts. It is the coastal forts that I need to work on the most as I have none. In moving my ships around, one of the WarArtisan ships fell off my tray and shattered. I have been slowly gluing it back together. In this reguard, the chunkier models from Sea Dog Miniatures take less damaged when dropped.

I have printed all of the Galleys (2), Galliots (5) and Fustas (2) that I need for the scenarios. Only the Fustas are painted at this point. They can be quickly done, just takes time.

I have a couple of printed ships from Wargaming3d. I have a large schooner and a 6th rate. Both match well with my Sea Dog Studios ships. I made the masts a bit short, I think, on the 6th rate but they are out of scale and repreesntative anyway. For the schooner, I just have straight posts at this time. I may fix them later but they are something for the moment.

I still have a few Sea Dog ships waiting for paint. There is an 18 gun Brig of War that I bought. It is a nice model and fits in closer with the War Artizan. IT is 3d printed and has much finer details than their earlier 6mm offerings. I also bought the cutter that they sell. Neither has received any attention to date.

To my surprise, I found two ships from Thoroughbred Miniatures. I am not sure what these even are. They are some kind of gun boat with lanteen sails. They look nice and come with lead ratlines. It doesn't really fit with the WOJE but may make its way to the painting table. It was in a plastic baggie with some 15mm 32 pound carronades. A nice find that I do not remember buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment