Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Amazon & Kindle Version of In the Name of Roma and Terrain ideas

I just got in my first Royalty payment from Amazon for In The Name of Roma. It is enough to buy a small terrain item out of which will be very welcome. To those that purchased it, thank you. I would love it if someone could post a review or two out there. It was kind of exciting.

Now on to important things. For an eastern front game, if you had to choose, what would be the most important terrain item you would suggest having? Recently I have been fixated with having a rail station and tracks. I still have about four feet of track to finish painting. Some day I may even do it. But what else would you say is a necessity for an east front game? Specifically set in 1941. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. Large fields of crops-hay, wheat or maybe even sunflowers. The last could be difficult to model in 15mm. I'm reminded of the German accounts of endless fields of sunflowers whenever I travel through the Dakotas and see the same.

    Congrats on the royalty payment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to do a field of sunflowers. That seems to be a key feature of the Ukraine from what I ready of the Italian involvement there. I started trying to make one but it was proving to be a lot more work than I expected. I may have to try again. I have some coir matt fields and want some more. Good suggestions.

      Delete
  2. Well done on the royalties as for the terrain I imagine rows and rows of snow covered fir trees, but I imagine that you already have that covered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent on the royalties. I must agree on the wheatfields for eastern front. Or enough buildings to have small hamlets/farms separated by lots of wheatfields.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call. I have a nice hamlet so far. Some fencing, buildings, dirt road and a well. Anything else to flesh out the hamlet?

      Delete