Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Visit to Brookhurst

Welcome!
Welcome to Sofie Vandersmissen of Sofie's Paint Blog. She is the inspiration behind folks posting what is on their painting bench every Saturday. Lots of other interesting items to find there as well. Now that I am back from vacation, I will attempt to join in on this.

Brookhurst
While on vacation with my family to sunny California, I managed to sneak away to Brookhurst Hobbies. If you are here at Disneyland, you can reach Brookhurst in about 15 minutes. Leaving the family behind (well, except for my five year old son) I ran off to the hobby shop for an hour. Brookhurst reminds me of what the War Room used to be when it was on Indian Trail/Lilburn Road some 10 years ago. They had a fantastic selection of Battlefront and Peter Pig miniatures as well as a bunch of the PSC and Zveda plastics. I ended up using up all of my spending money and probably threw my suitcase over the weight limit.

If there was some Plastic DAK troops, I would have bought them despite my promise to myself to only augment what I already have. So, what did I come home with? I have two packs of infantry: A pack of 8th Army Dead and a pack of Italian Dead. I also picked up a Peter Pig Viking Longship. Then I grabbed up a Galeforce 9 Desert trench set. I should be close to set for desert stuff now. I will post some pictures soon.

Now I have some new items to paint up when I return. Mark is pulling ahead of me in the painting challenge since I have been out of town for a week. Can't have that now. :) Hopefully, I will have some more items to post up by tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the warm welcome Chris! I'm curious about the pictures.
    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete