Saturday, August 3, 2013

It's A Major Award! and What I am doing all night

Mr. Parker: It's a Major Award!

Swede: Shucks, I wouldn't know that. It looks like a lamp.

Mr. Parker: What is a lamp, you nincompoop? It's a Major Award. I won it!

Swede: Damn, hell, you say won it?

Mr. Parker: Yeah, mind power, Swede; mind power.

Well, what was my Major Award, well it was none other than the prize I won from Trouble at the Mill's prize give away.

The postman dropped off a wonderful package with GW LOTR's Orcs, warg riders and a few men of Gondor thrown in to boot. Now these will be some of only a few 28mm figures that I own. I have a painted set of the Sharp and Harper figures from a contest that the TFL ran. An unpainted set of Sharp and Harper that I got from buying Sharp Practice when it was released. I inherited an unpainted Hugh Jarce from Terry Haney. Now I have 12 men of Gondor, six bowmen of Gondor and nearly a Dux Britannarium force of Orcs with six Warg Rider cavalry. Once the CSIR book is done, I will put these one the painting table.

Thanks Mike! These are great!

Other than getting my prize, I get to stay at work all night for a customer install. So in order to keep myself awake, i brought with me a pile of Italian infantry to paint and a few Early War Soviets. I have half of a platoon that I need to finish basing. The intent is to use the 18 hour marathon conference call as an excuse to get some painting done. I will probably be posting throughout the night to keep myself sane and awake. Below is what I will attempt to do.

2 comments:

  1. Nice haul and good luck staying awake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should not be a problem. I have managed to finish the basing on a 65mm gun and an Italian Light Machine gun section so far.

      Delete