Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back in the Saddle Again....

I just got back from vacation. Tanned, rested and ready to roll. A big bonus was receiving both Dux Britanium and the Summer Special. This has proved to re-energize me.

I have been trying to read through all of it. The one thing it has done is motivate me to get back to painting and writing again. I really want to get some games in. This month, it looks like my local group is going to get in a game of Coastal Patrol and possibly another Sharp Practice game.

One of the things I am looking at is adapting some of the stuff I had worked on for the Dark Ages to the Dux Britanium. I have two scenarios. One is based on the Icelandic Sagas involving a fight over a dead beached whale. The other is the Battle of Heavenfield (circa 634 AD). Both are fun scenarios and would work with a bit of tweaking. One tweak is to create a unit type that is peasant levy and another that is haphazardly armed warriors. The battle of Rib-Skerries (Icelandic Whale scenario) has warriors armed for flensing a whale and not each other. The scenario includes fighting on top of the whale with one hero armed with a whale rib!

I need to finish off my Italians for the East Front. I have them painted but need to dip them still. Will try that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment