Friday, September 16, 2011

More Work on the Frigate

Well last night I had the opportunity to work a little bit more on the Frigate. Most of the main rigging in in place. The braces still have to be done as well as deciding how to do the shrouds and backstays. The model came with a mesh that you are supposed to cut to shape and glue in place. I am tempted to just go with this. Another method would be to cut more wire and glue a multitude of those together for them. I do not think my patience can handle that. Anyway, I spent an hour on it and achieved remarkably little for the effort. I should be able to get cracking on it again this weekend. My mother-in-law has offered to babysit and my wife feels the urge to scrapbook. This could be one of those rare golden opportunities to get something done.

No comments:

Post a Comment