Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Terrain Comparison

I took some pictures side by side of my JR Miniatures terrain and my new Blue Moon terrain. It was a surprise to see just how different the two are size wise. The JR Miniatures door ways are around 10mm tall. A Old Glory ACW Confederate soldier would be over a head taller than the doorway. With the Blue Moon houses, the same miniature would not have to bend over to enter.

Blurry Picture 1
Here is the Lean To Cabin from Blue Moon (left) and a JR Miniatures cabin side by side. The Blue Moon building is far more substantial.



You can see the gap I mentioned before between the removable roof and the base of the building with the Blue Moon building. The JR house looks like it houses munchkins in comparison.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the comparison pics. How 'bout a coupe of pics of Blue Moon civies and FreiKorps and O G figures. I'll probably pick up a blockhous and a fort gate from B M. Stockade walls are relatively easy to make, but the gate area-not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will once I paint them up. Hopefully I can take a better picture than I did of the terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the appreciation on the comparison pics.

    ReplyDelete