Thursday, August 12, 2010

Peter Pig Mounted Militia & Scouts First Look

Well the postman just brought in my new pack of Peter Pig Mounted Militia(5.39) and Scouts (5.40). The Mounted Militia come in two poses: One with a round hat looking straight ahead with his musket leveled above his horse's head. The second is in a tricorn hat looking to his right with the musket leveled next to his horse's head. Four figures in all come in the pack. The figures look nice to my eye and will add some variety to the other mounted militia that I have from QRF/Freikorps and Lancashire.

The Scouts are interesting. This pack comes with two mounted miniatures (identical pose) with slung rifles looking off to the left side of their mounts. They are wearing round hats. Also in the pack are two horses with two men that are kneeling on the ground looking at something. The kneeling man is supporting himself with his rifle and has his hat in his hand. I will definitely add the mounted figures to my Mounted militia units. While I like the dismounted scouts, I am not sure what I will do with them yet.

All in all, I do not regret the purchase and will probably get another pack of the mounted militia before too long. Now we need to convince them at Peter Pig to create some dead militia miniatures.

Next step is to get some more primer and start painting these guys.....

No comments:

Post a Comment