Thursday, August 20, 2009

SP for ACW

Here is an old scenario that I have been kicking around for a while.
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0ByQnHEtN0JwlZDA2ZWFjMjEtOWM1ZC00MWI3LTg4YjYtOWRlMzA0MDE2ZjM4&hl=en

This is a smallish battle between some regular Army US Cavalry and several groups of Confederate militia. This proved to be a draw for both sides but each side proclaimed that they won. Once I get around to ordering some Perry figures, this will probably be my first scenario I play.

I will probably include this in some form once I get to work on a supplement for the ACW. Take a look and let me know what you think.

This brings up something I am curious about. How to represent friendly fire on the table top. In 1861, it seems to be very problematic for the Union more so than the Confederates. several Yankee units had gray uniforms and several Confederate units had blue uniforms adding to the potential confusion. The Battle at Big Bethel is an excellent example of two entire Union regiments blazing away at one another before some officer restored order. How would one include this in a scenario where it could happen? Surely some restrictions to spotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment