Monday, December 29, 2014

Secret Santa, Santa Clause and Welcomes

Santa Clause

I am pleased to report on the wonderful pieces that I have received from my Santa Clause. Since I was running the Santa Clause, I knew who was painting the miniatures that I received. I did not pick but it was the result of a random number draw. I have to say I am very happy with the miniatures that I received.

The miniatures are wonderful Peter Pig French Civilians from their WWII range. I will definitely be using these. They were wrapped and included a very thoughtful card. Well done. They came wrapped and had a card included. I was a very happy boy Christmas Morning. Thank you Ian for letting me be a part of the fun.

Secret Santa

This was my first year in participating in Ian's Secret Santa program. I have no clue who my secret Santa is as my wife snatched up the gift as soon as it arrived and wrapped it as she did not want the mailing envelope under the tree. I know roughly where it came from based on the manufacturer.

What was there when I opened the package was nearly a complete 15mm Modern British Platoon in berets. I was very pleased. They are QRF miniatures. I received two packs of advancing infantry, a pack of GPMG wielding fellows, a pack with Carl Gustavs, and a Command pack. This is great. I really don't need much more to round out the platoon headquarters.

Looking at what else I need, it looks like QRF will be one stop shopping. They have FV432's as well. A big thank you to my Secret Santa. This is well appreciated. Any suggestions on how to paint these fellows?

Welcomes

Apparently, I am not paying attention as I looked today and there are three new followers. Welcome!

First up is Tim Gow of Interbellum and Megablitz and More. Interbellum is interesting and I had never seen it before. The site seems to be about imaginations campaigns including a WWII one. This will be one to follow for me. Megablitz has some nice AARs of modern games. I need to spend some time looking around.

Next is Conrad Kinch of Joy and Forgetfulness. He is a blogger I have seen commenting around other blogs and did not realize that I was not following him already. The blog is rather nice with some very nicely painted models on it. Another one I am glad to follow.

Last up is Bill. I can't find a link to Bill's blog. But welcome anyway. If you have one, let me know and I will gladly post a link.

5 comments:

  1. That's a nice haul of gifts. I'm definitely going to be taking part next year (assuming it's still running).

    Is the below link any use for the British:
    http://riflesandmuskets.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/dpm-woodland-painting-tutorial.html

    Anyway, it's a useful blog with plenty of Modern stuff, if not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. This was just what I needed. I now need to find a similar post for dealing with US infantry. I am now following that blog. It is very useful.

      Delete
    2. This site's now dead (by the look of it) but there is a clear picture of how the fellow painted, what he's calling, US woodland camo in this post. It may be of some help. (I'm no expert on US camo, so it may be right).

      http://werwulfswarroom.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/1st-can-paras-busk-and-halghanistans.html

      Delete
  2. Pity there wasn't a new iPhone in that box as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The box did make me wonder. But I am one of those Android people.

      Delete