Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A brief Rant, normal service will resume momentarily

First let me apologize. I do not want to use this space for politics, but this had me upset and bewildered this morning. So sorry for the change of topic.

Today is election day here in the US. I got up and after dropping my son off at school, I went to vote. So far so good. When I got to the point where I have to present ID to show I am who I am supposed to be, I looked at the sign that showed what was acceptable. The normal stuff was there: Drivers License, Passport and state id. But there was a new option that was available - the Marta Breeze Card. WTF! (sorry about that but I am too baffled to come up with anything but an explitive)

How is this a form of ID? They can be bought with cash at an automated kiosk at any Marta station. For those who are not familiar with the Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) it is the Atlanta bus and commuter train system that moves through most of the city and out into a couple of the suburbs.

For every step forward we seem to make, somebody inevitably finds a way to make a great leap backwards and has the audacity to call it progress.

Rant Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment