Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend Travel and Finds

Normally I try to keep this blog limited to my Wargamming hobbies but every now and then something else will cross over. Last week I had a chance to do some Turkey hunting. But what I managed to find out in the wilds of central Georgia was the Battlefield of Sunshine Church! Just off of Highway 11, the battlefield and the rebuilt church were present. The battlefield is now covered over in new growth pines and a couple of houses.

Here is the Marker for the second incarnation of the church. The picture of the current church and a barn that was near the new church that looked rather interesting at the time.

The actual battlefield site was much less interesting since the church is gone and the battlefield not visible.

Anyway, it was an interesting find. I am much better at finding old battlefields than turkeys apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment