I managed to finish off a piece of terrain last night after working on the 6 gun sloop. It should make for a nice little garden behind a rural farm. I am pleased with how it turned out. I have been watching YouTube videos of the Red Beard Baron and used his suggestion of basing on floor tile material. It works great. I did not pay attention to his warning to put paint in the caulk. That was a mistake. Took several coats of paint to keep the white caulk from shining through. I did put PVA on the bottom of the tile to get rid of the self stick part of it. That actually worked quite well.
I have based my two story log cabin the same way. Right now the glue is drying on the self stick portion. That should take a couple more hours to finish off. Anyway, progress has been made.
Edit: The base just finished drying. Thought I would append this post instead of giving the house its own.