Next, I received a ruined Isba from Battlefield Accessories that I had ordered. It is a nice model that came with the chimney separate from the base of the model. As you can see, the only work I have done is to glue the chimney down on the model. Hopefully I will get to paint it soon. It matches nicely with the size of the two isbas that I received from the auction too.
Then Thursday, I received the biggest surprise. A package waited on my doorstep when I came home from work. Bringing it inside I discovered to my absolute delight was some nicely painted figures from Terry. Earlier this month, Terry asked me how my East Front CSIR project was progressing and if I needed any more figures for it. I had no idea he was going to send me miniatures.
I unwrapped a platoon worth of Bersaglieri. Enough to use for a dismounted Motorcycle Platoon for either IABSM or TW&T. These are very nicely done.
I have a motorcycle mounted platoon that is still sitting on painting sticks in the garage waiting on a coat of primer to get started. I have been intimidated by those models for some reason. These figures are ideal and will be perfect for some of the scenarios that I have in mind.
If that was not enough, there was another platoon worth of infantry in the box. It instantly occurred to me how I would use these. I will use these figures to represent the Battalion Esploratori platoon that was attached to each infantry battalion.