The attack came with two T-72s in the lead with a chain of three BTRs following. The lead T-72 was using its mine plow to clear a path on the way to the trench line before turning in front of the trenchline and as the BTRs pulled up the infantry dismounted. The Soviets were attacking with what looked like a full platoon of infantry and at least a pair of tanks. There were other AFVs in the area probably attacking different positions.
My thought would be that this would be an interesting scenario to play in different time periods. Say Late War WWII on the Russian front with the German's defending. This would be a plausible scenario. I was also thinking of using it for a 1980s Cold War scenario of Soviets attacking a US defensive positions. Of course other possibilities are possible but these are just the two I want to start with. The defensive position could be possible almost anywhere.
I am trying to figure out how to model the trench position. My thought is that the game would be on a 6' x 4' table. With the trenchline running across the table. There would need to be some space available behind the position for the reinforcements to arrive. Given the distances from the videos, I am almost thinging doing the scenario in 6mm miniatures would be appropriate. At that scale, the treeline would be across the center of the table allowing for movement of both sides. As it is, I will likely do this in 15mm as I have the miniatures. The treeline would be further back and the defending vehicles would likely be off table.
What struck me was how narrow the dirt trenches were. A single casualty in the trench could block movement. Here is one of many screen captures that I took to get an idea of the terrain and how to build it out.
In this screen capture, it shows the initial attack that caught my interest. You can see the trail that the T-72 mine clearing made.
Anyway, this is just a thought I had while painting up my Cold War minis.


No comments:
Post a Comment