Friday, October 1, 2021

A few Steps forward

Today has had mixed results. I managed to get several sails attached to the first of three 10 gun Brigs that I need for the War of Jenkin's Ear book. This just proved to be far more time consuming than I remember it being. I really should do rigging on it but I honestly am too tired today.I need enough rigging to run the headsails and will probably stop at that. Especially as I have not done and glue hardened thread for it.

I have worked on some of the Galliots that I need. I have glued the halves together of two of the ones that I need. I need to add the front awning to them and the additional three Fustas that I had printed. What was fun to work on was a small feluca. It is a tiny boat compared to the 10 gun brig. It is hardly more than a sailed rowboat. I picked up the model on-line and had a friend print it for me. I have one more to complete. I have two more hulls after that but no sails for them. Not sure what I will use them for. I removed the supports from a pair of scout boats in 15mm. I attempted to remove the supports from 4 different piraguas that I had printed but in each case, the vessel split in half as I cut away the supports. That was disapointing.

There is still much to do. I need to build two more of the War Artisan 10 gun Brigs. They are great boats when built. They just really benefit from the added strength of rigging them. But that is a very fiddly task.

I still haven't worked on any more tree sections, but I got a package in the mail today that I think will be some trees that I bought. Here is hoping they are useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment