Friday, June 22, 2018

Wall for a AWI Fort

I bought a pack of 4" wide log walls for an AWI fort that I need to make. They are a Blue Moon Manufacturing 15mm item from their FIW line. They look great. There are a number of air bubbles in the tops of the wall that I really didn't mind. Reading a report on the forts in Wilkes county and on the edges of Indian territory from the FIW time period, the forts were often in poor repair with the log walls quickly rotted when not maintained constantly. They came out nicely. They have a wooden firestep on the back of them. They came out nice enough that I decided to get some corners and a gate. They painted really quickly and I am happy with how they turned out.

This will be it for a while as I will be on vacation next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment