Friday, January 21, 2011

Ah the weekend

Well another weekend approaches. The hobby plan for the weekend is to base up the painted Zouaves that I have purchased. They add some color to the table top.

Other than that, I may finish off some more Confederates that I have left to do. I did not get as much done as I thought I would the other weekend.

I also purchased one of the scene kits from Woodland Scenic's subsidiaries. I want to experiment around with it to see what I can do. I might play around with that as well.

I did purchase some more early saxons from Splinteredlightminis.com. They added some mounted Saxons to their inventory that looked very nice. The shipping was about a day turn around (the owner lives just 30 minutes from me). I also picked up the Saxon personality pack. If I stray from my ACW, I may paint some of these up.

In terms of writing, the scenarios for Terrible Sharp Sword are coming along nicely if slowly. I have 14 scenarios fleshed out for August to December 1861 in Longstreet's area and a scenario for the midwar that occurs in Green Hill, Tennessee. That and a campaign background for use with the Lardy campaign system for TSS.

The Greenhill scenario is more humorous than serious. The Union army sent a Brigade sized force to engage a company of Confederate militia that was guarding a still in the back woods of Tennessee. The Union army seized 40 kegs of liquor (read moonshine) in their daring raid that scattered the raw recruits defending the still. I am tempted to create a new card called "Revenuers!" for the scenario. The scenario needs a miniature equipped with a banjo as a musician. Does anyone make one in 15mm? If so, please let me know. I need to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment