Thursday, October 6, 2011

IABSM3: The waiting is almost over

Well Rich has now put up the order form to buy the latest and greatest version of IABSM. I am looking forward to getting my hands on this. Here is the question I have for everyone. Is it worth my time to update the older supplements I have written for it, mainly the Greek Supplement (1941), the East Africa Supplement - "Call this a Bloody Picnic" (1940-1941) and Rock the Casbah (1982)? Since I wrote the Greek supplement, I have come across a book on the Australians in Greece and Crete. I think it is the official history of the campaign. It was among my Dad's effects that has been sitting in a box in my garage for nearly 11 years. I was thinking of including a few new scenarios to round out the changes.

5 comments:

  1. I would buy the updated Greece supplement at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am rereading the Greek Supplement for the first time in years. Scenario 3 is HUGE! What was I thinking. A full recon Battalion of Germans against 2 reinforced Infantry companies of Brits. Possibly achievable in 6mm but you would have to have a huge table in 15mm. I am thinking of leaving the original then break the battle into smaller chunks that would be more achievable. I surprised myself that it is actually pretty good for the first supplement I ever had published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put my order already!!. I have all IABSM supplements already but I thought from some of Rich's comments at the Yahoo group that these were almost 100% compatible with the new version of the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are nearly 100% compatible as they are. They are over six years old at this point and I think I am a better scenario writer now than I was then. I just want to improve scenarios, add some new ones and update them for the new rules. Such as change the big men from the D4,DAV and D6 ratings to their new levels and so on.

    It is just another example of me getting distracted. I am 85% done with a Sharp Practice Dark Age supplement, about 40% done with a new campaign for BTH set June-Dec 1940 in the western desert, about 30% done with a East Front IABSM/TW&T supplement for the Italians (1941) and about 25% done with another supplement for Sharp Practice in the AWI. I just can't seem to focus right now on any one thing.

    ReplyDelete